Friday, September 19, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Our TV in the living room is on the fritz. It is one of those giant televisions - you know the ones that everyone had right before the plasma craze. Wally and I were trying to recall when we got it but neither of us could remember. When we first purchased this monstrosity, we thought "we made it" and now I am thinking that I'm a bit happy it's going because it is such an eyesore.

Because of the "economic crisis", we have decided not to purchase any big ticket items at this time so we have resorted to other tactics for fixing the TV. When you read the next sentence don't think my family is too ghetto but to fix the picture on the TV we hit the TV. Yes, we give the TV a big whack to get the picture to look normal and not so distorted. Wally and I will take turns doing this.

The other day Benjamin was watching Dora and the picture was out of whack so Benjamin got off his monkey chair and gave the TV a smack. Wally and I were left speechless. Monkey see. Monkey do.

No comments: