Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Product Recall - Mylicon

When Benjamin was a baby, the poor dear was very gassy. While I tried to curb my love of veggies during the time I was nursing, my boy suffered from my diet. He would get so upset and his little face would turn red with pain from the gas pocket. I couldn't take it anymore so I started giving him Mylicon. Then, my best friend in the world, suggested something called Gripe Water (a more natural alternative) that helped do the trick.
Today, I wanted to post a warning about a recent recall involving Mylicon (see below). I know MANY mothers consider it an answer to their prayers but they might want to refrain from using it for the time being or at least check out the lot number to see if they have an affected product. The post below also provides some more "natural" alternatives to calming a gassy baby.
http://ecochildsplay.com/2008/11/11/mylicon-recall-popular-gas-relief-product-may-contain-metal/

No comments: