Friday, November 7, 2008

Leapfrog Brings Smiles All Around

I had the pleasure of attending my very first Mommy Blogger Event last Sunday and let me tell you it didn't disappoint. First off, it was held at one of my favorite places in the world -- a Four Seasons Hotel. The food was top notch. I especially loved a mini-chocolate lava-like cake. I should have went back for more but perhaps that is why I am growing larger these days but I digress.
The evening provided for some lively discussion. I was feeling a bit like a failure as a Mom when most of the mothers there were mentioning how they NEVER allowed their children to watch television or play with anything besides wooden blocks. I on the other hand was guilty of letting a child under two watch Noggin (you got love Moose A. Moose) and letting him play with a variety of toys. However, there were a few women who stood up to say that rearing a child is a balance. I also feel that there is too much pressure on children to be perfect. Recalling back to my childhood, I do not remember having to read until we were in the first grade. Has it hurt me in life? No, I consider myself pretty successful but once again I digress.
My husband and I are raising a well-rounded child who loves to have books read to him as much as he loves his "shows". In fact, how can you deny that face a Leapfrog toy? When I brought home the various fridge toys I grabbed (since they only gave me one and I knew he would love the others), he nearly jumped out of his little pants. He literally squealed with excitement and every morning when he goes downstairs for breakfast this is the reaction I get when he sees it again for the first time. Thanks Leapfrog! We will continue to be fans throughout my sons development into a well-rounded boy.

No comments: