Sunday, March 29, 2009

Four Ben Stories

The series is back....
*When Ben is on the changing table and I need to get something, I tell him, "don't move a muscle I will be right back!" Yesterday, when we were playing outside he said to me, "Mommy don't move a muscle I will be right back!"
*I went to pick up sushi while Ben and Wally waited outside. While they were waiting, Wally went into the liquor store to pick up a bottle of wine. During that time, Ben struck up a conversation with a woman. Telling her how he wanted chips and how he went to the park that day. Apparently, he chatted her up quite a bit. When I came back down with the food, they were still in conversation. It ends up the woman is a speech pathologist at Morristown Memorial in the peds department. Unprompted (I swear), she told us he was very advanced for his age -- the fact that he was putting more than three words together (let alone two) in a sentence and had the ability to "recall" was incredible. So...I didn't say my son was brilliant the "expert" did.
*I had a bridal shower to attend on Saturday. Wally took Ben to the park. They hung out at the
playground for about an hour or so. Then they decided to check out the pond where the ducks and geese hang out. When they got there, they couldn't find any. Wally said, "I don't see any Ben." Ben said, "let me look Daddy." Ben got close to the water's edge and looked around. He then said somewhat defeated, "no ducks, no geese...let's go home Daddy." Damn you water fowl for upsetting my kid.
*As most children Ben's age, he has watched the movie Cars about 100 or more times. The other day, while with his Grandmother, he was playing with Mack and pushing him along the floor. She thought she heard him say something when she got closer she realized he was singing...."Life is a highway. I want to ride it all night long..." Now we make him do it all the time because it is so darn cute!

No comments: