Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Don't Want To Say I Told You So, But....

A friend asked me on Friday, "Jenn how was Sesame Place?" I told her to wait for the blog post, so here it is...

On Wednesday, I called my Mom to voice my concern over the weather. During that time, we got into a "heated" discussion on whether or not to cancel the trip. My Mom accused me of not wanting to go and I just decided to let it go. And so, reservations were made and plans to meet in the morning were arranged.

There comes a time in life when the words, "I told you so" are very appropriate -- this is one of those times. When I woke up that morning, it wasn't very promising. It seemed the sun had decided not to rise. As we traveled down to Langhorne, PA, it started to get darker and darker and darker and the words "I told you so" danced on my lips. About a half hour outside of the theme park, the heavens opened up and the rain came down in buckets. Finally arriving at about 11:30 am or so, we saw legions of sopping wet parents and their children heading for the exits. However our group wasn't going to give up so easily. My Mother, now known as Al Roker Jr., and I headed to the entrance to see "what the situation was." After standing there for about 10 minutes, we were told it was declared a rainy day and were refunded our money. The rainy day policy didn't sit well with the 2 and 3 year olds so elaborate tales of Big Bird catching the swine flu were told.
Almost 2 hours from home, now what? What a silly question! You sit in a Burger King for over 2 hours while the kids play then you head back in the pouring rain and sit in traffic on the turnpike and return home at 5pm having accomplished nothing but a lot of sore butts from sitting in the car so long. Here is the even crazier thing! We all plan to try it again in a few weeks. Glutton for punishment yes. The thrill of being able to tell my Mother, "I told you so!" - priceless and worth the aggravation :).

1 comment:

The Temporary European said...

OMG! I am laughing so hard. Tell Al Roker Jr. I say hi. You are crazy for attempting the trip again, so soon! Can't you put it off for a while, at least until your booty forgets the trauma???