Friday, May 30, 2008

Preparing For A Vacation: The 2006 and 2008 Version

Preparing for a Vacation 2006...
B.B. (Before Ben), preparing for a vacation was a bit different. A few weeks leading up to the vacation I would go shopping for a few new outfits (spending more than I would admit to Wally). After the shopping excursion, I would hide my purchases from Wally (well...that hasn't really changed). I would then write my girlfriends and tell them of all the cute outfits I bought and we would obsess over whatever resort we would be staying at's Web site. I would invision myself sitting on a lounge chair and sipping expensive cocktails by the beach or poolside. My thoughts would then drift off to the spa treatments I would be planning and the fabulous dinners that we would be eating. I would probably go out the night before to celebrat the start of the vacation and then relax...

Preparing for a Vacation 2008...
I still went shopping but I bought one of those bathing suit skirt cover-ups (and haggled with the sale person to give it to me for $7.99 rather than $12.99 because I saw another skirt differnt pattern for the $7.99 price but I wanted this pattern and didn't want to spend the extra few dollars). While my objective is and always will be style, the main objective here was to cover my growing rear and upper thighs. And instead of lots of outfits for me, it was more about Benjamin and what he needed like sandals , aqua shoes, another bathing suit (I can't resist) and hat. The shopping trip was fit in yesterday - two days before the trip - during my rushed lunch hour because I had to get back to the office for a call. Next, I had to go food shopping because their will be no staff taking care of me this weekend - it will be me so we need all the essentials and food. I also have to pack up the house because once again we are not staying at a resort so I need to pack everything from plastic wrap to toilet paper. I did the laundry last night at about 11 and finished up something for work too. This morning around 6, I folded clothes and packed some things while getting ready for work and taking care of Ben. Mom arrived and I had to head out and I have lists of things I need to pack swimming in my head. My other thought is how can we possible fit everything in the Tahoe?!? Did I mention Bruin is coming - that is a whole other layer that I can't even get into. Oh yes, I also have to clean the house because we have a video crew coming over from Weichert to help sell the joint. I will also celebrate my vacation but it will be with a bottle of wine while packing and cleaning not out and about. I anticipate being done at around 1 am and then I will relax...

My how things have changed...

No comments: